Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bandera Resturant (Corona del Mar, CA)

So my familia wanted to take me out for a surprise birthday dinner...I know I know I already wrote about this spot on Facebook..well now I'm adding it to my blogspot. We travelled to South OC to a restaurant that came highly recommended by a coworker of my better half. Bandera, has the feel of that after-work bar & grill spot with a crowded bar and loud music. Don't expect a quiet sit down dinner atmosphere, it ain't happening here. Maybe because we sat right next to the bar, which was planted in the middle of the restaurant, right in front of the main entrance. How is this not a fire hazard I don't know. From what I heard Bandera is suppose to be a spin-off of Houston's. The food defiantly made up for the noise and the cramped eating quarters. We started off with the Dip Duo with Tortilla Chips, which was a very very rich and sharp creamy cheese dip, almost like a Spinach dip, just extra cheesy. Then on to our Caesar salads with these sweet crunch croutons, something different. Next the main course, I had the Aged Prime Rib Slow roasted on the bone with Mashed Potatoes...the Prime Rib was juicy, flavorful, without the excess fat. The mashed potatoes were tasty but needed a little salt & pepper but ya know I made it work.

Since it was my birthday I did get a House Made Oreo Cookie Ice cream sandwich and it was the lick. I heard that the Skillet cornbread is like the staple of the restaurant so the next time I'm in the area I will have to check that out or I could always pull a "Life" and ask someone "Hey, you gon eat yo cornbread"!!! LOL
So it you're down in South OC, near Fashion Island/Newport Beach area stop by and let me know what you feelin?

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment