Friday, March 12, 2010

Cafe Gossip (Moreno Valley)

Today I hit up that Cafe Gossip, its a lil family owned and operated spot tucked away in the Moreno Valley Plaza, not the Mall on Sunnymead. Its a Koren BBQ spot. One of my coworkers, Liza hit me to this spot. I tried it once or twice before when they first opened. Any real food connoisseur, knows trying a new spot when it first opens, is never the same experience later. Today, I dipped through and tried that chicken teriyaki with the shrimp tempura...One word..BANGIN'. THe Shrimp Tempura was fresh and crispy, chicken was grilled right ont he spot, no heat lamps or frozen meat. The Ginger Salad was rather unique, not a big ginger fan, but I cleaned the plate.

The one thing I real dig about this HIW (Hole In the Wall) spot is its uniqueness. They got a Polaroid menu, thats right, straight up Polaroids...nothing tells the truth than a Polaroid insta-matic...Now thats keepin it real. YOu get to actually see what the food will look like, not these Photoshoped menus where you know your food aint gonna never look that damn good. Prices are very reasonable meal came up to a lil over $8.50 for chicken two full scoops of rice, ginger salad, and 3 crispy shrimp tempura...Washed that on down with two cans of Sprite and now I'm bout to be down like Frazier baby!!! Holla at me if you have hit this spot before, or would like to know about "Cafe Gossip - Moreno Valley, CA"

2 comments:

  1. Hey Theo! Congrats on starting up your blog:) I'll have to check out this place next time I'm in MV!
    p.s. Check out my blog! It's mostly about fashion but sometimes I will post about good eats:) I'm a foodie at heart.

    http://gabi-hungryforfashion.blogspot.com/

    xo
    Gabi

    ReplyDelete