Monday, March 22, 2010

Fish Shack (Moreno Valley, CA)







I got a tip on this new fish spot in Mo Val on Friday so I decided to slide through Saturday afternoon to peep out the scene. Inside the Stoneridge Towne Centre across the lot from the Super Target, under the Clock tower you will find the Fish Shack (Seafood so good, you'll be hooked!). The Fish Shack has been there for over 5 months, you walk in and it reminds me a of a lil spot in Manhattan Beach with all the surf and beach effects not to mention the 3 mounted plasma TVs. First things first, please please don't get this spot confused with your local fast food spot. Nor is it Rubios and it damn sure isn't Taco Bell or Del Tacos. This is a totally different experience. You walk in and either one of my boys Brian (El Guppy) or Ryan (El Tortuga) will give you the rundown on how the Fish Shack works. First up there's a chalkboard listing all of the fishes of the day..that's right fishes, not just one fish. You pick a meal, choose your fish, the cooking style (fried or grilled), choose a side (Get the Mug O' Clam Chowder - California style...delicious).

I hit the Shack on Saturday afternoon with the familia, I had the Beer Battered Fish & Chips (Mahi-Mahi) with a bowl of California Chowder, talk about some bomb-bay chowder. Brian has a New England and Louisiana background, so they defiantly know what they are doing up in there with the spices. The Beer Battered fish isn't all batter and little fish like most places, its all fish lightly battered, my better half had the Voodoo pasta (Blacken chicken, shrimp, mushrooms, peppers tossed in Alfredo) now this Voodoo wasn't no Black Magic, but it did have a deceptive flavor or spices that will open ya up :) We enjoyed our meal, washing it down with two Cokes, but no meal is never complete without a dessert. Now the shack offers a variety of desserts from Key Lime Pie, Cheese cake and a cup of Mandarin Oranges but you haven't tried nothing until you experience the Fried Twinkie or Oreos. I've seen these things on TV before but never indulged myself, but this day I went for the gusto. OMG, I never imagined that golden sponge cake with creme filling could be perfected anymore until it was dropped into a fryer...My head was spinning with pleasure, I know my Dr wouldn't approve, but hey you only live once right!!!

I think I just found my newest fish spot, on my next visit I will have to try this New Orleans Pasta (Blacken Shrimp and sun dried tomatoes tossed in Napoleon sauce) I will need to find out whats this Napoleon sauce..make sure its not bold but short on flavor :)

If you're in The Stoneridge Towne Centre of Moreno Valley for some shopping or paying your T-Mobile bill (across the way) stop in and tell Brian, Ryan and the lovely Candy that Theo sent ya!!! Happy Hour is where you might find me especially during Football season..Big Screen action, fish tacos and brews are never a bad combination.

6 comments:

  1. wow Theo...you missed your calling bro...great write up..funny thing is I was peeping that spot and kind of hesitant to roll in there. I've had more bad fish than good fish if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...might have to check this place out.
    Thanks for the tip dude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Took my boy Ken up in there today, got his taste buds introduced to the Fish Shack..man the Ahi Tuna was the lick...but before we left we got to sample the Bourbon Street red Bean & Rice Bowl...Good God almighty Joe Friday, talk about new Flavor in ya mouth. Spices was hittin all over, a lil heat, lil tangy, lil everything...Everytime I stop into the Shack, I leave with a new experience...Tell'em Theo sent ya when you walk in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going into the Fish Shack was a treat we got hit immediately with a smile and a hello from the young lady behind the counter. Then as we made our way to the register of course here come the cry's THEO!!!! I'm like dang dude they know you already??

    So I had the fried catfish n chips wonderful.

    Sampled the California Chowder and whoa talk about nice flavor good taste and a spicy kick in the end.

    During our meal we had everyone walking out asking how everything was and if we needed anything so Im giving a big A+ to the service. All friendly all smiles good stuff.

    And as we left we sampled the Bourbon St. Red Bean & Rice bowl and YES it was fantastic.

    Loved the flavor and the once again that extra kick in the rear of spice sneeks up on you but doesnt make you go running for your drink, just another mouthful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the heads up dude, i live down the street from there and havent thought of trying this place out until i read your review.

    ReplyDelete